[show_avatar email@example.com align=left]
Interrec is Irelands first dedicated electronic recycling company to achieve ISO27001.
As the leading provider for computer recycling and data destruction services based in Dublin and Laois, Interrec succeeded this month in achieving the standards required for Information Security Management Systems — ISO27001.
For many years the Interrec Group has been keen on operating a Quality Management System that assesses risks and selects solutions protecting confidentiality, availability and integrity of our clients data at the point of end-of-life recycling. The awarding of the ISO27001 by BQAI (Business Quality Assurance International Ltd) further cements Interrec’s long tradition of fostering secure business processes and secure systems by applying formal risk management/permanent security awareness programs.
Eoghan Crosby, Technical Director and Information Security Manager, says: “Our customers across many industries and business partners already trusted us in protecting their key data on ICT equipment being recycled/ refurbished, though this achievement enables us to bring our data security to the next level. Based on well-established policies, processes and working procedures we can now anticipate security threats and manage client expectations concerning data security. No organisation wants their data being retrieved by a third party or competitor after allowing a recycler to take their ICT equipment away. The ISO27001 demonstrates Interrecs commitment to providing a a world class data destruction service for Irish organisations which is provided at no extra cost to the client”.
John Rooney MD., concludes: “At a time when government bodies and Irish companies are both looking to reduce end of life recycling costs and have concerns about their data being passed on to a third party or their ICT equipment being unethically dumped in a foreign country, we are pleased to have an effective recycling/reuse management system to that is fully compliant and has passed external auditing standards.”
Most organizations have a number of information security controls. However, without an externally audited information security management system, controls tend to be somewhat disorganized and disjointed, having been implemented often as point solutions to specific situations or simply as a matter of convention.
Make sure that your company is fully covered and compliant when recycling your computer equipment. Note that Interrec does not charge any fees related to the collection*, recycling and military grade data destruction (on/off site) of your ICT equipment:
Leveraging Interrec’s Rebate Program allows Irish organisations recover value from their existing equipment. It also ensures that your retired equipment will be disposed of in the most environmentally and secure manner.
- All returned equipment is recycled in compliance with all national and European requirements [Waste Permit]
- All media/ hard drives to be destroyed are physically degaussed and physically crushed at your premises.
- Collection vehicles are GPS tracked and are never outsourced to a third party
- Data on all hard drives to be resold on behalf of client is overwritten 7 times to US DoD 5220.22M and sanitised.
- Interrec has an accredited process for the deletion of data and used facilities are ISO 27001 certified.
- Customers will receive a certificate of destruction for each lot recycled.
- All asset tags and other identifying information are removed prior to disposition.
- Waste arising from Interrec’s EU recycling programme is recycled with authorised treatment centres downstream
- Equipment in good working order can be re-marketed for rebate purposes back to the client.
- For every system securely and ethically recycled, 1 Euro is donated to an Irish charity
*min 30 systems
Never risk your data getting into the wrong hands. Call now to book a secure collection and avail of Ireland’s only dedicated computer recycling company that meets the ISO27001 standard for Information Security.