It’s not the value of the computer; it’s the value of the data. You can’t put a price on your data getting out to a third party
While most organisations have clearly defined policies and centralized responsibility for network security, that isn’t the case for the computers taken off the network and placed in storage, transitioned throughout the organization, sent for repair, resold or recycled. Preventing data breaches off-network often slips through the standardised procedures.
Interrec can fully guarantee the complete destruction of data at your premises/in-house at our treatment facility:
Degaussing / Crushing
- Onsite magnetic degaussing & mechanical crushing
- Hard drive serial numbers recorded prior to crush for audit trail — printed on data destruction Certificate
- US Department of Defense & UK Ministry of Defense accredited data destruction
- Interrec accepts the following media materials for physical destruction
- Hard Drive (laptop, desktop, PATA, SATA)
- Backup Magnetic Tapes (DLT, mini cartridges)
- Floppy Disk (3.5 inch disk, 5.25 inch disks)
- Zip Disks & Optical Media
- Blancco permanently removes data from IT assets such as PCs, servers, data center equipment and smartphones. Data erased by Blancco cannot be recovered with any existing technology.
- US Department of Defense & UK Ministry of Defense accredited data destruction software
- Hard drive serial numbers recorded for audit trail — printed on data destruction Certificate